Open Course Ware and Open Education Resources
The world is open - learning is on the verge of a revolution. Here are some resources in OCW (Open Course Ware) and OER (Open Educational Resources) that can allow you to continue your education, or guide curious students to learn about their interests.
Connexions is: a place to view and share educational material made of small knowledge chunks called modules that can be organized as courses, books, reports, etc. Anyone may view or contribute: Created by Rice University
Open Source Software
List of open source programs to replace those costly $$ software apps you've been using.
- Khan Academy - The Khan Academy is a not-for-profit organization with the mission of providing a high quality education to anyone, anywhere. We have 1000+ videos on YouTube covering everything from basic arithmetic and algebra to differential equations, physics, chemistry, biology and finance which have been recorded by Salamon Khan
- The World Is Open - Link to the list of resources from Curtis Bonk's book by that title. Great OER and much more.
- MIT - Open Course Ware Free lecture notes, exams, and videos from MIT. No registration required.
- EdX - Take great courses from the worlds best univisities
- MERLOT - Multimedia Educational Resources for Learning and Teaching - Search peer reviewed resouces
- Open Educational Resources OER-Commons
In a brave new world of learning, OER content is made free to use or share, and in some cases, to change and share again, made possible through licensing, so that both teachers and learners can share what they know. Browse and search OER Commons to find curriculum, and tag, rate, and review it for others.
- OED Open Education Database The Online Education Database is your guide to online colleges, continuing education, distance learning.
- OCW Consortium Higher Institutions working together to enhance education world wide through Opencourseware